Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NAMM 2020 Thread

Thanks

Default NAMM 2020 Thread

It's that time of year again boys!

I've been at NAMM the last 2 days and took a few photos to share with you guys. Seems the number of lefties this year was definitely on the smaller side, but I also didn't spend an insane amount of time trying to find them all- I just hit up the booths I was interested in.

My findings from this year: the new high end Ibanez lefties are pretty freakin sweet. The RG5320, while being made in lefty as a production model was only on display in its right handed form. That being said, the marble finish top looks way better in person than in any of the photos I've seen. It felt really really nice- not as nice as the JCustom but definitely better than any Prestige model I've ever picked up. I do feel it may be a bit pricey, but I noticed a lot of companies have been raising their prices this year. The AZ2402L they brought also felt really really nice after playing it for a few minutes. Buttery smooth. The low end model- RGA42FML- felt like a toy more than a guitar- it's so light weight that it just seemed odd and that jatoba fretboard isn't doing it any favors, but maybe that's just me. They also released the JCustom in a new color- still a fan of the previous colors to be honest. They also had the Genesis 550 on display.

Kiesel brought a super spec'd out K6X, which played pretty nicely but I'd definitely change a few things if I were spec-ing one for myself.

My favorite guitar from the show was the A060 that Aristides brought. I've heard nothing but great things about Aristides, and knew they started making lefties last year, but this is the first time I've ever touched one. I fell in love with it. Love the special material they use. Very well balanced, quality production, and buttery smooth. I'd definitely consider purchasing one some day.

PRS had one of those SE Custom 24s that they've had for a few years now, except they brought they one in the grey finish this year. Decent guitar for the price, although they went from making them at WMI in Korea the last couple years, to now Cor-Tek in Indonesia. Couldn't tell you if there's much of a difference or not.\

G&L had an S-500 on display, but I did not get a chance to play it. When I went back today to give it a whirl, it was gone. No idea where it went.

EVH brought back their striped series again, which I think is a solid axe. The one they brought this year seemed to play significantly better than the one I played before, but maybe I'm imagining things. Jackson and Charvel did not have any lefties on display, and when I asked about their lefty offerings, the rep said he believes they remain unchanged from last year but wasn't sure. Gretsch brought a lefty, but they're not my style of guitar, so I can't comment much on it and didn't grab a photo either unfortunately.

ESP didn't have any lefties on display, and are supposed to unveil their offerings later this year.

I know Schecter announced some new lefties, but none were on display this year.

Didn't see any lefties at the Fender booth either, and when I asked a rep he didn't think they changed anything, but from a post I saw on the Southpaw Guitars facebook page, it sounds like they're offering the new Acoustasonic series. Fender has a special guitar on display which they've insured for $1.2 mil... freakin crazy, but it's based on a Faberge egg.

Gibson had an SG and a Les Paul Special- unfortunately didn't get photos of those either, but the SG played nicely.

Caparison thinks they'll do a Dellinger Prominence run for us this year. Normally they need 12 people to commit, but it sounded like the owner will just do the run anyway, let anyone who wants one purchase direct, and then ship the rest out to Sweetwater or Guitar Center for them to sell.

Also, while not guitar related, the Neural DSP Quad Cortex floor modeler was awesome. Definitely a great competitor to Axe FX and Kemper- I'd argue it's better, but only time will tell. I love the plugins they make for PC.

I think that's it for now. Photos to follow in the next couple posts.
    Last edited by manini; 01-18-2020 at 01:42 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manini For This Useful Post:

crawdaddy (01-18-2020), Jesse (01-18-2020)

Thanks

RG5320 (will be a production lefty)

AZ2402

JCustom RG8570ZL (same as last few years but different color)

Genesis RG550 in Desert Yellow:

RGA42FML:
    Last edited by manini; 01-18-2020 at 01:38 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to manini For This Useful Post:

Cmartin (01-18-2020)

Thanks

Kiesel K6X:

PRS SE Custom 24:

G&L S-500:

Aristides A060:

Thanks

Fender's really really expensive and pointless guitar

Thanks

Some guy in Dubai is gonna love that Fender.

Also that Ibanez RG5320 is going to be like $2200, has SS frets and an EBONY board.
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchurch View Post
    I had my ball sack appraised one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchurch View Post
    ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Thanks

Thanks for this thread, one day I'm going to make it to one of these. Slim pickin's for sure, this year. I still don't understand why that Ibanez Suhr is so expensive.

Thanks

Missed that Aristides. And I walked by their booth. With Kiesel, I don't even bother anymore. That place feels like a skate park in the 90s, if you catch my drift.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cosmic_ape For This Useful Post:

Jesse (01-18-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic_ape View Post
    Missed that Aristides. And I walked by their booth. With Kiesel, I don't even bother anymore. That place feels like a skate park in the 90s, if you catch my drift.
    It was unfortunately tucked away in the corner, away from the main display, where it wasn't super visible.

Thanks

Dang, so sick.

Thanks

Spot on! Lol
    That Aristides is on Reverb right now for around $2750 obo
    Last edited by Cmartin; 01-19-2020 at 05:25 AM.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog