Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Thread: NGD: Jackson SL2 Pro Series Soloist

Thanks

Default NGD: Jackson SL2 Pro Series Soloist

https://imgur.com/GIIrXVt

Here it is boys!!! From the eye test the only thing wrong was ďa few light scratches on the backplateĒ well I took the plastic off and itís perfect. It needs a setup and Iíll prob attempt to learn myself but it sounds so nice even out of tune. Canít wait to dig into it. Frets have ZERO wear and there are no pick scratches anywhere. Fretboard looks untouched, only other cosmetic blemishes are some oxidation on the metal hardware but that means nothing to me since my hands sweat like crazy anyway. Canít tell from the pic but the finish is a sparkly metallic black that really pops in person. Best part is it arrived today, on my birthday!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conor_M For This Useful Post:

Jesse (09-28-2019), manini (10-07-2019), superheavydeathmetal (09-29-2019)

Thanks

Congrats birthday boy! Get that bad boy set up ASAP

Thanks

Prob gonna end up selling this thing. It's beautiful but DAMN that floyd is annoying as hell. I set it up perfectly and played it for an hour or two, only to find after i put it down for a while the floyd had so much forward lean on it I would have to re-set up the entire thing. I took more time setting it up again, to find the next day it had backward lean!! The process never ends. I've spent over 5 hours total, tinkering with it (beginner with floyds) and ideally it's just too much for me with my level of experience. I also realized through this guitar (a lot smaller body than I'm used to) I really friggen love my Hellraiser V-1 (both the sound and comfort) I have and will likely replace this Jackson with the Platinum Schecter V on XLG. I love the process of buying and selling guitars so I don't mind, it seems like it's a lot of work to go through but at the end of the day I'm always learning, and ultimately looking for something to "settle down" with to accompany the Hellraiser I love and cherish.

Thanks

I'm no expert with Floyds, but did you stretch the strings out well before you locked the trem down when you first set it up? In my experience, I've noticed it does usually take a couple days for things to settle down, and usually have to retune a few times before it stays locked in for the rest of the time. Also wondering if you may have an issue with your springs?

Thanks

I had my buddy check it out, he wasnít willing to set it up as he doesnít know how but he told me it looked fine nothing was blatantly wrong. My hands sweat like all hell I change strings ~ every two months and really donít want to have it set up every time I need that. I set it up Friday and have been tinkering with it each day and itís either recessed or leaning forward each day. I also found a guitar so similar to my current hellraiser with a way brighter sound that I know Iíll actually like, saw the righty version in a store and asked the guy that always helps me to play it. Been bouncing around because I canít try anything as yíall know. For now Iím aiming at a collection of two guitars, one of which I have already. (And a project guitar but does that really count)

Thanks

You won't have to adjust anything when you change strings if you use the same gauge.

As for the instability, I have never heard of anything like that. I am no expert but I don't think the springs would stretch so much, even if they are brand new.
    Resident Schecter fanboy - Line 6 - NYXL - too much gain

This user has gone 35 days without purchasing a guitar.

Thanks

Well if you take all the strings off the guitar at the same time and don't hold the bridge in place then you will have extremely unstable springs for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchurch View Post
    I had my ball sack appraised one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchurch View Post
    ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lostinthemasses For This Useful Post:

superheavydeathmetal (10-09-2019)

Thanks

Yup, if you change one string at a time the guitar should remain perfectly set up afterwards (will need to stretch the strings, like always)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I strung it 1 by one starting in the middle and working my way out, while leaving the old ones in until replaced. Didn't take them all off at once, I heard that was like starting from scratch haha. Tuned each string after stringing it and I even yanked/stretched the hell out of them, including with the trem. It seems like every time I set the tension evenly and overnight it'll either tilt or lean one direction and cant' figure out why for the life of me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to conor_M For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lostinthemasses View Post
    Well if you take all the strings off the guitar at the same time and don't hold the bridge in place then you will have extremely unstable springs for a while.
    I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip.
    Resident Schecter fanboy - Line 6 - NYXL - too much gain

This user has gone 35 days without purchasing a guitar.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog