Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB A pointy V style

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by conor_M View Post
    Saw that, communication with this individual is near impossible. My girlfriend lives near Boston and was willing to scoop it for me and the person is just all over the place. I’ve actually cooked up a deal with someone through Facebook marketplace to ship me a V-1 hellraiser with a case for $450. He should be sending it next week but I hear they’ve got thick necks which is kinda disappointing.
    I’m the kinda guy that LOVES how thin an OG Ibanez Wizard neck is.....with all that said, the Hellraiser necks aren’t too bad. My cousin has a Hellraiser and while it’s neck IS thicker than what I prefer, it’s not so thick that it isn’t comfortable. It’s about like a “thin” Les Paul neck. I could be wrong, but I think the days of the baseball bat necks Schecter used to offer are over. These days even their thickest necks are nice, and their SLS necks are flipping awesome.

My Son has a dragon burst Hellraiser and it’s got a great neck too. I noodled around on it when he first got it, wanted to hear how the “Brimstone” pups sounded (nice by the way) and was pleased with how nice it felt to play. Certainly a thicker neck than an OG Wizard.....but a “shredder” neck to be sure.
    Mustaine: He's brilliant; I love him. But then you see some guy like Bucketheadů Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours.

Thanks

That's comforting, hoping it's sent out today. If so it'll arrive tomorrow and I can rave/complain about it then!!! Lol I need to buy some new knobs for it as well so it won't be in its final form on arrival. The one I'm getting has the emg 81/89tw with coil splitting. I'm so stoked as I've been looking for a V for a while and didn't want one of the cheap Jacksons. I did want one with pointed tips, so I had to settle for rounded but given my first guitar was a Schecter Blackjack and I've liked it more than my ESP (After I swapped its EMGs into the schecter) I was really inclined to try this schecter V.

Thanks

That's comforting, hoping it's sent out today. If so it'll arrive tomorrow and I can rave/complain about it then!!! Lol I need to buy some new knobs for it as well so it won't be in its final form on arrival. The one I'm getting has the emg 81/89tw with coil splitting. I'm so stoked as I've been looking for a V for a while and didn't want one of the cheap Jacksons. I did want one with pointed tips, so I had to settle for rounded but given my first guitar was a Schecter Blackjack and I've liked it more than my ESP (After I swapped its EMGs into the schecter) I was really inclined to try this schecter V.
    I got those same pups, from my cousin’s Hellraiser. He gave them to me after he swapped them for a Het set. I’m gonna put them in my Son’s Hellraiser (since EMG doesn’t offer the correct pots for them in lefty) and put his Brimstones in something of mine.

I hear ya though, not too many pointy V’s out there for us. The nicest one that isn’t thousands of dollars that I’ve seen is the Chapman V.
    Mustaine: He's brilliant; I love him. But then you see some guy like Bucketheadů Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours.

Thanks

Not sure if you've ever seen the chap MLV in real life but the thing is MASSIVE. It definitely takes on the shape of the RR double V if you know what that is (take the long fin from a Randy Rhoads style and mirror it). The hellraiser V-1 should be there when I get home from work. I'm considering swapping my EMG 81/60 set from my blackjack to the hellraiser, but with the coil splitting ability on one and not the other the pickups might not be as easy as plug and play.

I want to get an Ibanez as my super-strat style instead of a schecter, and keep the schecter V but who knows.
    Last edited by conor_M; 08-20-2019 at 06:58 AM.

Thanks

Not sure if you've ever seen the chap MLV in real life but the thing is MASSIVE. It definitely takes on the shape of the RR double V if you know what that is (take the long fin from a Randy Rhoads style and mirror it). The hellraiser V-1 should be there when I get home from work. I'm considering swapping my EMG 81/60 set from my blackjack to the hellraiser, but with the coil splitting ability on one and not the other the pickups might not be as easy as plug and play.

I want to get an Ibanez as my super-strat style instead of a schecter, and keep the schecter V but who knows.
    Yep, I know what a double Rhoads is, it’s what essentially became the King V. Probably my all time favorite Flying V. My first V was a ‘98 Epiphone ‘58 reissue Korina V (great guitar!) and the last one I had was an Edwards V.....nice guitar but they made the body thinner than the Gibson it was cloning, other than that super nice ESP quality! At one time I briefly had one of those JS32 RR’s and didn’t like it much, the quality wasn’t there....although the neck is nice.

I’ve got a lefty Ibanez Proline V waiting to be built. I’ll be using a Prestige neck and a Lo Pro Edge trem on it. One day I’ll finish it and it’ll be nice. The Ibanez RGs are great super Strats to be sure, just make sure you get a good one. Don’t waste your time on a lower model RG. They can be decent, but if you’ve never tried one before then a lower model might not be the first impression you’re looking for. These days a 1570 can be had for very little if you search and are excellent for the money. Very overlooked and underrated guitars because so many of them were produced. I’ve got quite a few different RGs, so if you’re wondering anything specific let me know. Heck, most of us on the forum have a pretty decent collection of RGs (and other awesome super Strats). Lots of hands on experience here on the forum from a group of good guys.

Keep us posted on how things go with the new V! Pics too!

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog