Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

XLG

Thread: WTB Fender or Squier Rosewood Tele or Strat neck

Thanks

Default WTB Fender or Squier Rosewood Tele or Strat neck

Ideally the “Modern C” profile. Tele ones in rosewood seem hard to come by, but maybe someone has a Strat neck they’d like to unload? In a perfect world it would have medium jumbo frets as well. Thanks!

Thanks

Im not real sure what body you have, but keep in mind that the heel on a Tele is square and a Strat is rounded. You can use a Tele neck on a Strat but you'll need to route the neck pocket to use a Strat neck on a Tele body.
    We're non-profit.
    Hey, are you gonna eat that?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to metalchurch For This Useful Post:

absop (07-03-2019)

Thanks

Thanks for the info - from what I had read, I got the impression it was the other way around. Serves me right for believing the internet.

It's a Mexican Tele body, and I had thought that the rounded Strat neck would slip in to the Tele's square pocket, leaving a little gap to each side, but bolt in fine without having to modify the pocket. I had come to the conclusion that was correct since a Tele neck with a squared off heel wouldn't fit in a Strat pocket with rounded corners without being modified.

I do appreciate you weighing in - I don't post much, but I lurk a lot, and I know you do a lot of builds/mods, so thank you for the heads up!

I would be fine with a Tele neck (although I prefer Strat necks generally), but I do want Rosewood, and they seem rather hard to find, especially on a budget.

Thanks

Yea buddy not a problem at all hope it helps you narrow down your search. You should post more cause there's a lot of nice guys here and its a laid back place. Post pics of your guitars and projects too cause we all like to see that kind of stuff.

Only thing I have is a 22 fret rosewood Squier Strat neck that I scalloped, but it's likely not your thing. I'm sure perhaps someone on here has something for ya just hang tight and I'm sure you'll get some replies.
    We're non-profit.
    Hey, are you gonna eat that?

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog