Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

XLG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guitars this year thread.....

Thanks

Default New guitars this year thread.....

Ok fellas, it's been a coon's age since I've posted....but I figured I might as well upload some pics of some new shit I've got. So, here goes the first one. I just picked this one up last week, couldn't resist it's powers. I'm a sucker for maple fretboards, so when you also toss in the phrases "Hipshot", "Bare Knuckle" and "Set Thru" I'm completely on board. I think ESP hit this model way out of the park. The specs are practically flawless. Mahogany body, 3pc Maple set thru construction, 24 XJ frets, Maple fretboard with super classy inlays (side dots glow in the dark), Bone nut, locking Gotoh tuners, Hipshot string through bridge (the brass one I believe), 12" radius (not too bad), Direct mounted BKP Aftermaths, Fully bound neck/headstock.....and they even included a sweet form fitting ESP case and a fucking ESP T-Shirt! Floored.

It's a riot to play guys, it feels and sounds great. I'm trying hard not to get hooked on ESPs....they are great, but I can't afford them all! So, here's the link to the Flickr album dedicated to this axe:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/171155...57708092187345
    Last edited by IbanezGuy; 04-25-2019 at 10:17 AM.
    Mustaine: He's brilliant; I love him. But then you see some guy like Bucketheadů Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IbanezGuy For This Useful Post:

Shiftpoint (04-25-2019)

Thanks

This next one has been owned by a few guys here on the forum, and one that Chris dug up during one of his scouring Craigslist digs. I got on contact with the seller (also a forum member) and we worked out a deal and I bought it. He was cool enough to ship it and the rest, as they say....is history.

It's an ESP M1 NTB with a Seymour Duncan "Alternative 8" pup. This one seems to be kind of unusual in that it isn't flat black like all the other M1 NTB's seem to be. This thing is like a satin metallic dark gray. I dig it and it plays like you'd expect!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/171155...57706739791481
    Mustaine: He's brilliant; I love him. But then you see some guy like Bucketheadů Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IbanezGuy For This Useful Post:

Shiftpoint (04-25-2019), skullvankrush (05-03-2019)

Thanks

I got this one off Alex during the wheelin' and dealin' for the Warrior he got from me.....It's nice to finally have an 8 string again and in my FAVORITE body shape to boot! Eventually I'll have this one professionaly refinished, right now I'm debating between Desert Sun Yellow (to match the case) or possibly the old "Magenta Crush" color. I always loved that finish. I'm planning on swapping in some EMG 808's (I like 'em) and running all Hipshot hardware....just a simple black. I wish Hipshot would fuckin' release something like Cosmo Black!!! Damn it!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/171155...57691097372063

6. The Following User Says Thank You to IbanezGuy For This Useful Post:

Shiftpoint (04-25-2019)

Thanks

This one here is something that you all know I've been whining about on here for years.

As you likely know, I used to own an '89 RG550L in Desert Sun Yellow and STUPIDLY sold it back in 2007 for $425 on eBay. Back then I wasn't aware of how rare it was or what it was actually worth. It had DiMarzios in it too! I originally got that old DY when I was 17 and took it with me everywhere (I'd put it behind the bench seat in the old man's truck when I'd go visit friends or go to parties)....and at one time it even went to AIT (technical training for my MOS) with me when I was still in the Army. I kept it in the wall locker.....until a Drill Sergeant gave me Hell for it and made me store it in a dedicated storage closet. The ONLY reason I sold it was because the neck's truss rod was maxed out and, not knowing much about guitars then, I figured it's life was basically over. Had I known that finding old square heel necks on eBay wasn't too hard back then....I'd have just kept it and put on a nicer neck. But, I digress.

I was tickled PINK when Ibanez unveiled these lefty Genesis RGs.....so, naturally I took this as my cue to "carpe diem" and get in contact with Rich over @ Ibanez Rules! Not long afterwards, I had paid in full for this 2018 Ibanez RG550L "Genesis" in the old and still RAD "Desert Sun Yellow" finish. I haven't messed with it much since getting it....but eventually I'm planning on kinda doing a sort of JEM777 color scheme with the pups, knobs and switch tip. Only, rather than Evos I think I'll probably go D'activators for this one.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/171155...57706740021611

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IbanezGuy For This Useful Post:

Shiftpoint (04-25-2019)

Thanks

Here is one that I got off Joe. I think this was supposed to go to Ben, but Ben and I made a deal with one of my other guitars....he bought that, I bought this and Joe bought his 'swan.

My first SL1 (the Ghost Flame) was nice, but the middle pup kinda got in the way....and it's neck was really grippy. Kinda difficult for me to slide around on it. This SL2 on the other hand actually isn't grippy at all despite having a painted neck, and the neck is actually thinner than my first Soloist's. So, without further ado......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/171155...57691097676283

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IbanezGuy For This Useful Post:

Jesse (04-25-2019), Shiftpoint (04-25-2019)

Thanks

Default New guitars this year thread

Took my daughter to have her drive her new car close to my place of work this afternoon, and took the opportunity to take a few more pics.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bennieDom View Post
    Took my daughter to have her drive her new car close to my place of work this afternoon, and took the opportunity to take a few more pics.
    That's swell, thanks for sharing man. I'll bet your daughter must be happy with her new car.

I just got done drinking a refreshing Starbucks Frappuccino...the mocha flavored kind, although I prefer the vanilla kind. My wife and I just became Costco members (the Executive membership package) so we drove down there, flashed our ID's, and next thing you know.....a big case of Frappuccino. I think maybe this afternoon I'll mow the grass....the weather is getting nicer here in Utah. How's the weather in "Denmark" bennieDom?

Thanks

Awesome awesome awesome post, man.

I almost grabbed up one of those green ESP, myself. Like you said, it has everything I look for in a guitar: six strings, string-through bridge, Maple fretboard, 25.5" scale, reversed headstock. I decided not to go for it because I found out the body top is flat and not curved. Good thing, too. I thought it was curved and I would have been disappointed with it being flat when it showed up.

And, how do you like the neck on that RG8? I had one for a short time, and absolutely LOVED the feel of the neck on it!
    Last edited by superheavydeathmetal; 04-25-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    Resident Schecter fanboy - Line 6 - NYXL - too much gain

This user has gone 46 days without purchasing a guitar.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to superheavydeathmetal For This Useful Post:

IbanezGuy (04-25-2019)

Thanks

big year for you!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:

IbanezGuy (04-25-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavydeathmetal View Post
    Awesome awesome awesome post, man.

I almost grabbed up one of those green ESP, myself. Like you said, it has everything I look for in a guitar: six strings, string-through bridge, Maple fretboard, 25.5" scale, reversed headstock. I decided not to go for it because I found out the body top is flat and not curved. Good thing, too. I thought it was curved and I would have been disappointed with it being flat when it showed up.

And, how do you like the neck on that RG8? I had one for a short time, and absolutely LOVED the feel of the neck on it!
    The neck on the RG8 is amazing, It's a wonderful playing 8 string. I've had a couple of those Agile Intrepids in the past and while they had a very nice neck profile....the scale length was too much for me. This RG8L has just as nice of a neck profile, and the scale length is perfect!!!

When you say "curved" versus flat are you referring to an arch top (like the Horizon) or do you mean forearm contour? The top on this is flat like an M series should be....and it's got the forearm contour too.

If I was looking for an MH series that was comparable to this M series I'd seriously check this out:

https://reverb.com/item/10549583-esp...17-trans-black
    Last edited by IbanezGuy; 04-25-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog