Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NGD Kiesel DC600

Thanks

I've found new bands by listening to YouTube covers on many occasions, and paid money to go see those bands. Exposure is good, period. So long as they state it is a cover, I fail to see an issue.

I've made many a dollar playing cover songs at bars, should that be banned now too? I fail to see the difference.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    I've found new bands by listening to YouTube covers on many occasions, and paid money to go see those bands. Exposure is good, period. So long as they state it is a cover, I fail to see an issue.

I've made many a dollar playing cover songs at bars, should that be banned now too? I fail to see the difference.
    I hear you, but ever since Napster things have changed. Nobody cares about the ones-y twos-y stuff, but if I have a (monetized) million views playing your song on youtube and you don't see a dime of that, besides maybe some ancillary exposure, you'd be OK with that?

Or a more complete example: if I can make a living off of combining my personality with your work, without your consent, involvement or monetary compensation, you'd be OK with that? Do you think that artists should be consulted/compensated in any case? If I put your song in a movie, you're OK with not being compensated for that?

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, looking at both sides of the situation. Also, this thread has been officially hijacked.

Thanks

On an on-topic note (sort of), next time Jeff Kiesel does a live I'm going to ask him to name one lefty Kiesel fanatic by name. I have a feeling it will either be Nick or Walter, though I think Walter may have this one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leftrb View Post
    On an on-topic note (sort of), next time Jeff Kiesel does a live I'm going to ask him to name one lefty Kiesel fanatic by name. I have a feeling it will either be Nick or Walter, though I think Walter may have this one.
    Finally got around to catching a Jeff Kiesel live, popped the question and tada: Walter Martinez, you are a winner!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leftrb View Post
    Finally got around to catching a Jeff Kiesel live, popped the question and tada: Walter Martinez, you are a winner!
    Haha, I'd expect it to be Walter. He actually goes to the shop and I call in my orders over the phone.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog