Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

XLG

Thread: Where am I going to put this looper?

Thanks

Default Where am I going to put this looper?

Got a Boss RC-3 and love playing around with it so far. I haven't re-wired the pedal train yet so I just threw it first in place of the tuner to play around. This, obviously, doesn't work because any effect i turn on afterwards is also applied to the loop. This also goes for the channels on the amp (record loop clean, turn on distortion channel, loop distorted).

If I put the pedal last in the chain it will still be affected by channel switching. Would putting in the effects loop fix that? I'd like to record clean and solo dirty over it.

Thanks

I may be wrong here, but Id probably put it after your distortion pedal.
    Record your clean rhythm and then kick on your distortion.

But I see what you mean about it being in the FX Loop as it's own stand alone "effect" That way its "playing" by itself while you play over it on the front side of the amp.

You may need an A/B/Y box or a channel splitter of some sort though and have the RC3 on say Channel-A by itself, while you and all your other pedal chain is on Channel-B of the A/B/Y box.

I reserve the right to be corrected because I don't have much personal experience and I'm more or less going off of what I would do sight unseen of course.

I did have a Digitech RP50 (pretty sure that was the model) that had a 30 second recordable loop but it was an all in 1 unit therefore I didn't have to try to separate the two.

I'm sure someone on here can give you a better idea, or you can check youtube and see if anyone made a video on this.
    We're non-profit.
    Hey, are you gonna eat that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metalchurch View Post
    I may be wrong here, but Id probably put it after your distortion pedal.
    Record your clean rhythm and then kick on your distortion.

But I see what you mean about it being in the FX Loop as it's own stand alone "effect" That way its "playing" by itself while you play over it on the front side of the amp.

You may need an A/B/Y box or a channel splitter of some sort though and have the RC3 on say Channel-A by itself, while you and all your other pedal chain is on Channel-B of the A/B/Y box.

I reserve the right to be corrected because I don't have much personal experience and I'm more or less going off of what I would do sight unseen of course.

I did have a Digitech RP50 (pretty sure that was the model) that had a 30 second recordable loop but it was an all in 1 unit therefore I didn't have to try to separate the two.

I'm sure someone on here can give you a better idea, or you can check youtube and see if anyone made a video on this.
    After toying with the Earthquaker Swiss Things a/b/y i would HIGHLY recommend it. Plus it's got latching so if you ever do clean stuff you want to jolt with crazy distorted you can just put your toe on the button then release quickly. It's sick.

Thanks

My problem is I do not use a distortion pedal. My amp is my source of distortion and I'm not sure how to get the pedal in front of the pre-amp, would that be the loop?

Thanks

If your amp’s effects loop is wired in series, then yes, place it in the loop towards the end. I would place a reverb pedal right after it to blend everything together nicely.

Thanks

I will try it in the loop, but reverb is on-board and not from a pedal

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog