Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Left For Dead
XLG
Adirondack Guitars

Thread: NGD 1990-91 Carvin X220 Restoration project

Thanks

Default NGD 1990-91 Carvin X220 Restoration project

Hey guys over the course of a year I have been having this X220 fully restored. I picked up the body from Reverb last year and I had Jim Foote from Music Works graph all the missing wood pieces. He took the measurements from my trusty X220 that Harry sold me and did an amazing job reconstructing it. I then had Dan Lawrence refinish it in metallic black. Jim then put it back together. It cost me way more than I expected but man it plays and sounds great. Hope you guys love it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to walter4music For This Useful Post:

superheavydeathmetal (10-10-2018)

Thanks

Dude! That is just awesome! I am sure everyone who reads this knows what a money pit project guitars can be, but, boy, is it all worth it when it comes together and sounds and plays every bit as amazing as you had hoped!

What happened to that lower back horn, by the way? Was that intentionally removed or broken?
    Resident Schecter fanboy - EMG - Line 6 - NYXL - too much gain
    This user has gone 294 days without purchasing a guitar.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavydeathmetal View Post
    Dude! That is just awesome! I am sure everyone who reads this knows what a money pit project guitars can be, but, boy, is it all worth it when it comes together and sounds and plays every bit as amazing as you had hoped!

What happened to that lower back horn, by the way? Was that intentionally removed or broken?
    They guitar plays great and yea it was a huge money pit! Cost me as much as buying a new one! The lower horn and headstock was hacked off by the previous owner who sold it to the store I bought it from. I had Jim Foote graph the wing and the headstock.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog