Left For Dead

Adirondack Guitars
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A Happy NGD......

Thanks

Dinky/San Dimas front & back

San Dimas neck (back):

San Dimas neck (front):

Mustaine: He's brilliant; I love him. But then you see some guy like Bucketheadů Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IbanezGuy For This Useful Post:

metalchurch (06-04-2018)

Thanks

San Dimas neck (side):

It's a 12"-16" Compound Radius, 22 fret neck. It's .790" at the nut and .860" at the 12th. Feels like a thin C.....but I could be wrong. It's certainly awesome!
    Mustaine: He's brilliant; I love him. But then you see some guy like Bucketheadů Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours.

Thanks

Dinky neck (back):

Dinky neck (front):

Dinky neck (side):

24 fret 12"-16" Compound radius, Jumbo frets (just like the Charvel San Dimas), Ebony fretboard of course. I checked Jackson's site about the USA Select DK1's and didn't see neck thicknesses listed but it feels just like the Charvel's neck. They literally feel the same to me. Thin C, fast. Not Wizard thin by a long shot but holy great balls of FARRRR these are some sweet necks, Er'ybody got time fo DAT!
    Last edited by IbanezGuy; 04-26-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Thanks

It's pretty easy to install a standard jack in place of a barrel jack, except for guitars like the Ibanez S series and the Jackson Stealth.
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchurch View Post
    I had my ball sack appraised one time.
    ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IbanezGuy View Post
    Yeah it is! I've never played an S before this one. I'm shocked at how thin the body is.....it's like an airplane wing. Plays really nice! I just so happen to have a spare Team J. Craft 1570L neck laying around that I'm gonna throw on it eventually.
    I thought you couldn't put an RG neck on an S body because of the 22/24 fret thing?

Thanks

You *can* it just won't intonate properly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LGibanez View Post
    I thought you couldn't put an RG neck on an S body because of the 22/24 fret thing?
    My S521L is 25.5" scale and 24 fret exactly like the spare RG1570L neck I have is. It'll work perfectly.

Thanks

Im going down through all of the NGD posts i missed and I get to this epic thread, man! I mean I was with you every step of the way, but seeing all of these on a bigger screen back to back to back to back... i forgot how many you got lately! I bet your box cutter is getting dull. hahaha and by box cutter, I do mean razor blade. hahaha!
    Good stuff man, which one is your fav of the bunch?
    Tell ya what, that Charvel looks killer and its kinda growing on me. Hows the neck profile on that compared to, well anything I can relate to, we'll put it that way. Im betting its more akin to a Strat than a Jackson because thats Charvel's thing.
    I read on the internet one time that...

Thanks

Im going down through all of the NGD posts i missed and I get to this epic thread, man! I mean I was with you every step of the way, but seeing all of these on a bigger screen back to back to back to back... i forgot how many you got lately! I bet your box cutter is getting dull. hahaha and by box cutter, I do mean razor blade. hahaha!
    Good stuff man, which one is your fav of the bunch?
    Tell ya what, that Charvel looks killer and its kinda growing on me. Hows the neck profile on that compared to, well anything I can relate to, we'll put it that way. Im betting its more akin to a Strat than a Jackson because thats Charvel's thing.
    HAHAHA!! "Box" cutter. Cara thought that was a good one!

My fave so far? Damn, I'm torn between the DK1 and the San Dimas. They are both very comfortable and easy to play. I'd say I enjoy the SD the most since it's just so simple. I mean what's not to like? Single 'bucker? Check! Single volume? Check! 22 fret fast neck? Check! My favorite "tone wood" (Mahogany)? Check! Top mount OFR? Check! I mean it checks ALL my needs in a "perfect" guitar. The only thing it COULD use is a finish....maybe someday I'll get it painted, or, probably more likely I'll build one just like it and paint THAT one and leave this as is.

I'll get the neck specs and compare them to other stuff I have like I talked to you about a few days ago. It's surprising how "un-Strat-like" it is in terms of feel. It looks like a Strat, but that's where the similarities end. Missed ya buddy, glad you're back!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IbanezGuy For This Useful Post:

metalchurch (06-13-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IbanezGuy View Post
    Well fellas, I'm happy to announce a NGD that I thought would never happen. Not because I never wanted it to, but because I never thought that I would ever be able to afford to. I think in the last few days I've sold off a sizable amount of my collection to make way for higher quality stuff.....and this is just the beginning:

I really have Joe to thank for this, if he wouldn't have mentioned anything I probably wouldn't have known this was available. It's a 2002 SL1. I really have wanted one of these finishes for ages, just never thought I'd ever find one let alone be able to buy it.

This one plays wonderful, sounds amazing and just looks great. I'll have more to add to this thread later tomorrow, when something just as special arrives......can't wait (but will obviously have to....until tomorrow sometime!). Lol! Enjoy fellas!
    that's a great looking guitar, man! congrats.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to skullvankrush For This Useful Post:

IbanezGuy (06-21-2018)

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog