Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Left For Dead
XLG
Adirondack Guitars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ibanez RG7420L

Thanks

Default Ibanez RG7420L

Title says it all. If you've got one and are looking to part with it let me know!

I'm located in Montréal.

Thanks

Does it HAVE to be a 7420? There's a guy on eBay that's tried TWICE so far to sell an Iron Label RG7 (RGIR27FEL) for $700 USD starting bid (and if anyone bid on it I'd wager they'd get it for the starting bid which isn't a bad price). It's got Kiesel Lithium pups in it (which my JP7 also has and they are GREAT) and comes with a HSC. Looks to be in good condition too. I'd buy it, but I'm tapped out of "mad money" again.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ibanez-RGIR...19.m1438.l9372
    Mustaine: He's brilliant; I love him. But then you see some guy like Buckethead… Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours.

Thanks

Aren't you going to run into trouble getting it because of CITES?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beneharris View Post
    Aren't you going to run into trouble getting it because of CITES?
    Good point! Even a 7420L is Rosewood......that's a pickle. It would HAVE to be from within Canada for him correct?

Freakin' red tape. That CITES stuff shouldn't even apply to individual sellers engaging in personal sales. For an actual business, ok....fine (I guess) but some person trying to sell a guitar that happens to have a Rosewood fretboard....it shouldn't apply. I see companies are now using Jatoba instead of Rosewood. I was hoping lots of manufacturers would have started offering more maple fretboarded guitars....but I guess we aren't that lucky.

For every Rosewood 'boarded guitar that Customs encounters they should have to go plant a Rosewood tree somewhere.
    Last edited by IbanezGuy; 04-13-2018 at 02:43 PM.
    Mustaine: He's brilliant; I love him. But then you see some guy like Buckethead… Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours.

Thanks

Yes it HAS to be a 7420. The only original 7 string Japanese RG neck. I hated the 7321 I played a couple years ago, and owned a 7620 in my right handed playing days and it was one of my fav guitars.

Thanks

Good luck with your search, those are increasingly difficult to find. I had one, I own a 2011 7321L and don’t find the necks all that different if at all. I had a 7621 neck as well and it felt more or less the same as my 7321L. When you say “right handed playing days” is this when you played the 7321? The lefty 7321 is not the same guitar as the older right handed versions, they ended up getting better bridges and better necks than the old ones right handed players had been playing for years before.

CITES will be a potential issue if you’re trying to obtain a Rosewood equipped guitar from the states and have it shipped to Canada.

You could always modify the AANJ heel of a right handed neck. I did that with a 1527 Prestige neck for my old UV build.

It just seems with CITES and the difficulty in finding a 7420L these days (they seem to pop up less and less, and they were already hard to find) this will be quite the quest. Good luck, hope you manage to find a really clean one in Canada.

Thanks

Bump!

Thanks

lostinthemasses was kind enough to provide an option:

http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/s...st-Look/page33

Thanks

I hate to break it to you guys, but everyone keeps forgetting about CITES. The RG7420L has a Rosewood board......which is considered an “endangered” species of wood at the moment. Customs has been so strict about this that it’s literally delaying shipments of new Ibanez guitars (and I’m sure many other brands both new and used) more than 3 months past their expected delivery dates. Getting a 7420 (or any Rosewood guitar) is quite the risky gamble.

I hope you’re lucky enough to find what you’re looking for in Canada. I wouldn’t want to risk spending money for something in the US only for Customs to confiscate it and destroy it. Doesn’t make sense for them to destroy an “endangered” species of wood because it crossed a border....but that’s what they do. Customs is crazy. They could also return the item to the sender....but in either case it still means you wouldn’t get your guitar. Hey, you could get very lucky I suppose.....but still a risk.

Thanks

Ship it to someone near the border and have them ship it to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchurch View Post
    I had my ball sack appraised one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchurch View Post
    ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog