Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Left For Dead
XLG
Adirondack Guitars

Thread: NAD Carvin Legacy 3 VL300

Thanks

Default NAD Carvin Legacy 3 VL300

Hey guys,

So I picked up a Carvin Legacy 3 since Carvin has been blowing them out new from time to time. Pretty nice amp I must say! I definitely need to swap the speakers out of my cabinet though because it's probably the darkest amp I've ever played. Would be served better with some sort of Vintage 30 style speaker instead of the ET-65's I have in there now.

I did a quick video just showing the amp really. At 1:50 I do a little playing to hear how dark it is lol. The in the room mic is also cutting some of the highs.

Thanks

I had an avatar 1x12 with a Hellatone 30 in it once. It was probably the best sounding cabinet/speaker I've ever heard. Regret selling that one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leftrb View Post
    I had an avatar 1x12 with a Hellatone 30 in it once. It was probably the best sounding cabinet/speaker I've ever heard. Regret selling that one.
    I've had my avatar cabinet for like 10 years. Came across the original receipt for it recently and I was blown away by how affordable these cabs have already been considering how high the quality is. Definitely going to be swapping the speakers.

Thanks

So I ordered a WGS Retro 30 to pair with my ET-65. I wanna see how much that cuts down on the bass and brightens up the amp. If it's still too dark I'll pick up another one.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog