Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Visiting LA end of January

Thanks

If you want to try lefties, you must go GC and Sam Ash on Sunset. As of now, GC had at least two lefties in their Platinum Room. SA always has some stuff in all price ranges and a few Taylors to play. GC has really nice amps as well. Lots of boutique stuff (Morgan, Friedman, Fuchs) to try out. If you go there, do stop by Mesa Boogie (literally across the street from GC). They have lots of cool gear there.

True Tone in Santa Monica has lot of amps and pedals, as well as the occasional lefty laying around.

If you are staying in Long Beach and bring your guitar, I recommend visiting Alva's in San Pedro. Lots of cool amps and pedals there. You can try Victory amps there, which are not plentiful out there.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cosmic_ape For This Useful Post:

LeftyLV426 (01-04-2018)

Thanks

Since I love Stratocaster's.....I need to recommend a tour of Fender in Corona..

http://www.factorytoursusa.com/state...s-corporation/

A must stop for old fxxcks like me....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to crawdaddy For This Useful Post:

LeftyLV426 (01-04-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy View Post
    Since I love Stratocaster's.....I need to recommend a tour of Fender in Corona..

http://www.factorytoursusa.com/state...s-corporation/

A must stop for old fxxcks like me....
    Oh that's a good suggestion. I should do that someday, too. Hey crawdaddy I was just researching a MIJ strat last night and I think I came across a post of yours talking about MIJ strats on one of the strat forums

Thanks

Thanks everyone! Things are getting interesting, because as it turns out I may actually have an opportunity for a NAMM pass. Buuut...that would extend my trip by at least 2 more days and I really wasn't planning to be gone an entire week, my leave time from work isn't unlimited lol. I could delay my trip out to LA a day or two but that would compromise my time with my best friend, which is my whole point in going to begin with. As much as I'd love to be at NAMM I'm not that big of an asshole

Gotta make some decisions here...

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I'd definitely like to hit up Guitar Center or another store, the Mesa store would be awesome too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyLV426 View Post
    Thanks everyone! Things are getting interesting, because as it turns out I may actually have an opportunity for a NAMM pass. Buuut...that would extend my trip by at least 2 more days and I really wasn't planning to be gone an entire week, my leave time from work isn't unlimited lol. I could delay my trip out to LA a day or two but that would compromise my time with my best friend, which is my whole point in going to begin with. As much as I'd love to be at NAMM I'm not that big of an asshole

Gotta make some decisions here...

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I'd definitely like to hit up Guitar Center or another store, the Mesa store would be awesome too.
    Take the extra 2 days. YOLO.

Thanks

Mesa Boogie Hollywood is cool, and you can demo their amps, but no lefty guitars.

Guitar Center Hollywood is cool, but sparse lefty section. Used and vintage section varies by time of year.

Sam Ash Hollywood is amazing. Great sales all the time.

If you go to NAMM, go for the day, since hotels are stupid expensive, and you'll have to commute about an hour to two hours to get to Anaheim, depending on traffic and time of day.

I'd say, leave a day later, spend 1 day at NAMM and have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchurch View Post
    Im all over this like a fat bitch grabbin the last slice of pizza.

Thanks

I'm officially in LA! Got in yesterday around 4pm local time, the trip was an immense pain in the ass though. The plane made an unscheduled landing in Phoenix and we were delayed 2 hours because...wait for it, 2 of the 3 onboard lavatories went out of order. Lol. Pretty sure someone flushed a plastic bag or something.

So landing in LA at noon turned into a 4pm landing. I'm in long beach now dealing with the jet lag.

NAMM isn't going to work out for me this year, maybe next time. I did bring my G&L with me, no trouble storing it in the overhead bin as there was plenty of space available with early check in and boarding.

The weather is preeetty nice here.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LeftyLV426 For This Useful Post:

metalchurch (01-21-2018)

Thanks

Ha, and this is our ugliest weather of the year!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cosmic_ape For This Useful Post:

LeftyLV426 (01-23-2018)

Thanks

Lol! I just came from 15-ish degrees in Baltimore the other week. This is heaven lol. Yesterday I went sailing on the bay and had a ton of beer at Joe Jost's.

Today my friend and I took a trip down to San Diego and La Jolla, got to photograph some sea lions.

AND I stopped by the Kiesel showroom on the way. Spent a good hour on the lefty mahogany Bolt they have in stock. Not sure I dig the 20" radius it had but overall it was sweeeeet. Lately I've been considering a Bolt to compare to my G&Ls, more modern features and options overall, so it was nice to get one in my hands.

Thanks

Just left the Rivera factory in Burbank. So glad I was able to stop in and meet everyone, Paul Jr. Wasn't around but I met Paul Sr, Rich who does sales stuff, and Eric who tests the products. Really small team there. Got to finally play through a K Tre, too. I have a Knucklehead II which is really rare, only a handful were made in the early 2000's or something, but it has less gain and is sharper soumding. The Tre is more modern, thicker, easier to plug in and rip on. I loved it.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog