Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Left For Dead

Adirondack Guitars
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do you play guitar left handed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metalchurch View Post
    Michael Angel Batio is a natural lefty, but he is also a natural bad ass!
    Joan is a lefty as well James, I think we actually talked about that before...
    I use scissors right handed cause they had better scissors in school, so I adapted for a better performing machine. I do everything else lefty, but I can also do alot of stuff right handed just as well, and sometimes better if I think about it.
    I think i could finger pick right handed far better than i could ever strum or play rhythms. Atleast right away. I do believe though, that we can pick up playing righty faster than they could trying to play lefty. Mostly cause we rationalize and have better motor skills among other things.
    I'm so used to twisting a right handed fretboard around in my brain to play something on a left handed fretboard that if I actually just had to play what I was seeing I'd be lost right there.

Thanks

I write, play guitar, fight and eat left handed. I throw, shoot firearms, and play sport right handed. When I was a kid about 10 or 11 I got a right handed guitar and took leasons...i could not do shit...so when I was a teenager a buddy told me he plays left handed and handed me is lefty axe. And it felt just right so I then knew I could learn and play guitar again.

Thanks

After reading a few of the comments, I think it is funny that some of us have even married left handed...me included (twice)

When you're a lefty, you're a lefty all the way...

or, we may be left handed, but we are in our right minds...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to crawdaddy For This Useful Post:

IbanezGuy (12-22-2017)

Thanks

Afternoon. Interesting conversation. Hope you guys don't mind me chiming in...you all seem to know each other pretty well. Anyway, I'm a natural lefty...picked up guitar in my forties and it just seems natural that way. Write, eat, play, snowboard goofy, throw....everything lefty. Funny thing, I'm a pilot and there seems to be a higher number of lefties in that world when I watch my fellow pilots write. Usually you hear that about artistic types...not sure my profession falls in that realm.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Walter For This Useful Post:

IbanezGuy (12-22-2017)

Thanks

Interesting, since I've struggled with this. I do everything lefty, except I golf righty.

I've just started learning for the umpteenth time, but this time I'm trying lefty, after several times fooling around righty. I think I stink about equally both ways. People tend to say to play the way that feels naturally, but since I've stopped and started righty so many times over the past 20 years, I'm not sure what "naturally" would feel like. I've started trying lefty because I think I have a better sense of rhythm strumming with my left hand, I've got a touch of nerve damage in my left pinkie which makes it hard to move independently of my ring finger, and I've noticed when playing right-handed, my left forearm cramps up fairly quickly (my right doesn't when playing lefty). Right now, I still have a righty and a lefty guitar, so I occasionally practice chords on both.

I really wish I were right handed, since it seems everything for lefties tends to cost more and is harder to find. It sucks that it seems almost all lefty guitars only come in tobacco burst, black, and white.

Thanks

Those dismal years are over, we now have Purple, Desert Yellow, and Road Flare Red again just to name a few.

Theres also guitars of all colors for sale on here as well, so you came to the left place.
    I read on the internet one time that...

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog