Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Southpaw Guitars
XLG SouthpawGuitar2
Lefty 6 String Adirondack Guitars
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NAD ATOMIC AMPLIFIRE

Thanks

Had a few days with the Atomic AmpliFire.. gotta say I'm very impressed. It came loaded with some extra commercial MBritt presets and it sounds great. Picked it up as a backup for my Kemper live setup, but really loving the AA as a quick and easy practice/writing tool with headphones.

Has a couple of small quirks that I'm not a huge fan of (IMO it's missing a few easily implemented software features), but overall its a slick bit of gear!

If I'm being honest, I do prefer the sound and feature set of the Kemper, but would have absolutely no issues recommending the AA or doing a show with it. It sounds really great, super configurable with the PC editor software, easily updated with new patches, fits in my guitar case, is sturdy but lightweight, and is an all in one solution.

Cool.
    Last edited by greenblob; 05-23-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greenblob View Post
    Had a few days with the Atomic AmpliFire.. gotta say I'm very impressed. It came loaded with some extra commercial MBritt presets and it sounds great. Picked it up as a backup for my Kemper live setup, but really loving the AA as a quick and easy practice/writing tool with headphones.

Has a couple of small quirks that I'm not a huge fan of (IMO it's missing a few easily implemented software features), but overall its a slick bit of gear!

If I'm being honest, I do prefer the sound and feature set of the Kemper, but would have absolutely no issues recommending the AA or doing a show with it. It sounds really great, super configurable with the PC editor software, easily updated with new patches, fits in my guitar case, is sturdy but lightweight, and is an all in one solution.

Cool.
    Yeah I got the Mike Brit stuff as well already loaded on mine.
    I shelled out some more for the celstion irs however as I wanted to tryout their cab ir's. Im glad you like it.
    For the money I think its a real sweet piece of gear. Of course its no Kemper but look at the price difference Way Huge.
    I wish it had reamping capability and a looper. Maybe they will update the firmware at some point.

Thanks

Hey how does this compare to the Kemper you had? I am really gassing for a Kemper but want to keep my eye on the competition. Kemper used is about $1600 (unpowered). What does the Amplifire run?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scary groove View Post
    Hey how does this compare to the Kemper you had? I am really gassing for a Kemper but want to keep my eye on the competition. Kemper used is about $1600 (unpowered). What does the Amplifire run?
    The 3 button AA3 is about 475 used so big price difference there. the 12 button i think is 799 new now.
    Well it is a different animal then the kemper since the kemper models the entire amp not just the head and ability to have separate IRs.The AA3 is more similar to the Axe FX really more so then the kemper. The tones of the kemper is only as good as the guy who did a tone match so to speak, but they are alot of good tone matches. The thing was phenomenal really but It was way more then I needed or wanted to mess with at the time. The AA3 has everything I really need to use with a striped down front knob controls so you don't really have to mess deep within the settings to tweak something. But download the manuals for both and check them out. I really liked the sound of both and they both set well within a mix. Although you cannot reamp with the AA3 which would be nice, but is not a deal breaker IMHO.
    Last edited by Dirtdog; 05-24-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scary groove View Post

My overly simplistic recommendation would be: If the Kemper is pushing the budget limit to an uncomfortable level, get the Atomic Amplifire 3 - you will be happy.

If you do any kind of home recording, both units will give you amazing tones at the flick of a switch.

The AA3 has much less features, but for most people will do everything they want (and more) in a small robust package, and give amazing tones for a great price. If you mostly play live, the fact the footswitches are on the main unit makes life easy and fast.

The Kemper is the "I want to be able to do it all" approach. For recording, its a freakin beast, and for live use, well... it's also a freakin beast! A big downside for gigging though is you'll probably want an additional midi floor controller or the Kemper Remote pedalboard to change effects & profiles etc. More damn $$ All added up, it comes out at a serious chunk of change. The payback though solid. Any guitar amp tone is basically achievable. 3 years in and I'm still in love with my Kemper. Its used almost daily and I have no problem saying it's the best bit of guitar gear I've ever bought.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog