Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Strat

Thanks

Default Show us your Strat

I'm just trying to get some ideas and insight on what you guys have and what mods you've done (if any)
    I know a lot of you guys have Strats, and sometimes more than one, so I figured this would be a good way for everyone to get together and talk about some Strats. I cannot contribute to this thread, but I'm hoping to be a first time Strat owner here in the near future.

I never had a reason for a Strat so to speak, but now I got the itch to get one, but I really have to try and keep it as "Strat like" as possible. That means no gutting the electronics in favor of a humbucker, and no floyd rose, etc... Basically I want it to be a Strat.
    That being said, I would really like to mod it and make it a better performing guitar and that's where you guys come in, because I'll see what some of the more popular mods are and what brand some of this stuff is.

I'd love to see not just American Strats, but Mexi and Japan as well. Also if you would'nt mind, could you please list the specs of your guitar as well?
    I'm curious to see what pickups are being used as well because most likely I will swap them out for something or the other. I thought about EMG SX's in all 3, but idk yet, I might keep it passive, so maybe Hotrails bridge and DiMarzio SDS-1's in the mid/neck...

There's alot Id like to learn about these, so any pics, info, and specs you guys can provide, I'd be very grateful!

Lets see those Strats now guys!
    We're non-profit.
    Hey, are you gonna eat that?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to metalchurch For This Useful Post:

beneharris (09-06-2013)

Thanks

Pssh, you just wanna put all the Strat p0rn in the same place.

Late 80's E-serial, NF Singles, master tone and Q-Filter in place of neck tone, Dragonfire guard, GraphTech Saddles and nut, came stock with giant steel block, Schaller locks.

'00 Standard Mexi, Invaders in bridge and neck, 70's L-250 in middle, all 3 pots are push/pull, custom-made red tortoise guard by Jeannie Pickguards, GraphTech saddles/nut/tree, black Fender tuners, 5 trem springs, Schaller locks.

Mid 80's '67 RI, E-serial

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lostinthemasses For This Useful Post:

AllroyPA (09-07-2013), metalchurch (09-07-2013)

Thanks

Fiesta red parstcaster Ash

Wine Strat-tele parts (MIJ+MIM)

E-series & ProTone+SquierSTD partscaster

ProTone and Classic Vibe 50's

97 MIM

KV*serial alder Squier Korean
    Last edited by AllroyPA; 09-07-2013 at 07:34 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AllroyPA For This Useful Post:

beneharris (09-09-2013), metalchurch (09-07-2013)

Thanks

Heck yea I want them all in one place it's one of the most popular guitars of all time!
    I'm actually very surprised there isn't an existing thread already, and I have a feeling this will be a popular thread, because just the first two posts, I counted 11 already, and for that I thank you guys!!

Chris, my fav of yours would be the Black one for sure, and Allroy, I really like your Fiesta Red one and the Wine Red one (you know why I like the latter)
    Which one of your Strats do you guys like best?
    We're non-profit.
    Hey, are you gonna eat that?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to metalchurch For This Useful Post:

AllroyPA (09-07-2013)

Thanks

I like the way the blonde one plays the most, but as far as sound goes, all three have such diverse sounds (Mexican primarily sounds like a superstrat, blonde sounds like a stock vintage Strat, black one is tough to describe, it essentially sounds like a Strat loaded with 3 P-90's without the q-filter, with the Q-filter you can make it sound like 100 different guitars).

More often than not, I find myself playing the black one, but it's my most recently acquired one by more than a decade.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lostinthemasses For This Useful Post:

metalchurch (09-07-2013)

Thanks

Well the blonde reverse-headstock one because I put that one togeather sourcing the parts, the others are close to how I got them just changing pickups or pickguard

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AllroyPA For This Useful Post:

metalchurch (09-07-2013)

Thanks

Sunburst 2008 AmStd body / 93 AmStd neck, Fender vintage noiseless pups and mid-boost.
    Blizzard Pearl 2008 AmStd neck / 2011 AmStd body, stock 2008 AmStd pups. Tomorrow, it'll have a silver pg, pup covers, knobs, and switch tip. The pearloid just doesn't suit me at the moment.

Ch Willie

Thanks

Here's mine - it's an '08 MIM Strat body that I stripped and sprayed ruby red. The paint cured and cracked a bit to give a vintage look to it. The neck is rosewood off a 2010 MIM Strat and I added Fender vintage tuners. The pickguard and pickups/pots/switch/wiring were out of a '99 American Standard Strat, and the covers are dyed in strong Starbucks black coffee.

No Music, No Life.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Fixer For This Useful Post:

beneharris (09-09-2013), LeftyParasite (12-06-2013)

Thanks

... Love it , looks great !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lostinthemasses View Post
    Pssh, you just wanna put all the Strat p0rn in the same place.

l
    You got it. Stickied.

I really love the way you dyed that board with the coffee. It looks great with that red.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Vintage tuner on american standard strat

SEO Blog