Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Thread: Carvin Guitars

Thanks

Default Carvin Guitars

So yesterday, my brother and I took a trip to Carvin Guitars so I can try a Legacy 3 amp. While I was there, they let me use two models for sale.
    http://www.carvinguitars.com/guitars...?Serial=111096
    http://www.carvinguitars.com/guitars...?Serial=113511

Guys, I gotta say, they played very well. I played the DC145T first because I requested a lefty 6 string with a trem system. They gave it to me and man, the neck felt great. Everything about it was good surprisingly. Then to make it better, my brother grabs a green version of the DC800 and starts jamming on it. So I go outside, and ask him jokingly if he has a lefty 8 string. The guy (Sean) says yeah, wait a minute so I can grab take it out. The baby comes out, and she was a beauty. Everything was custom on it, maple flamed body, and fretboard. Neck Thru, 5 piece back just how I would want in the '82 Explorer. I start playing it and it was the best thing ever! To make it better, it is only $1754 for the beauty. I think I might have to go back to buy it. Honestly though. I am thinking of purchasing a custom Carvin, because they average around $1500-$2000 depending on how much you want to go custom on their models.

Back to the amp. It is very versatile and I love it. Only problem was I had to play through a full stack of 2 4x12's so I couldn't crank it up without losing my hearing. Only problem was that it sounded to thick in the mid frequency range, which I'll say is partially because I never played through a tube amp, and I couldn't crank that puppy up! One thing I also liked a lot was the fact that on the pedal board, they had a the three main channel's, and on the far right, the forth toggle was for a db gain / boost on the channel you were playing on. What a great way to ensure you can hear a solo right? Well regardless, my first impressions are very good with Carvin, and I absolutely love that DC 800.

Pictures to come. (I forgot to take a picture of the 145, but I took some of the 800.)
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchurch View Post
    Im all over this like a fat bitch grabbin the last slice of pizza.

Thanks

The unfortunate reality is that if you stuck Gibson or PRS on the headstock, people would feel differently about Carvin. Even then, their reputation for a quality-made instrument is very strong.

That said, I didn't fall in love with my AE 185. Amazingly well built guitar tho, standout neck and fret job. Was just always ambivalent about the sound. I judge a guitar by whether it has the capacity to give me chills on occasion, that moment when, even if you're not playing very well, the tone just reminds you why you love to play. If a guitar doesn't do that for me, at least sometimes, I tend not to keep it. My Carvin didn't do that.

The quilt on that 8-string is sick.

Thanks

that 8 string IS gorgeous. I love the contrast of the purple top and the natural wood on the back. thats awesome that you were able to play those. I bet that was a fun tour.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beneharris View Post
    that 8 string IS gorgeous. I love the contrast of the purple top and the natural wood on the back. thats awesome that you were able to play those. I bet that was a fun tour.
    It was only a tour of the showroom. I asked if they had a company tour similar to Taylor Guitars (if you are in the San Diego region, I highly recommend taking the tour) and their response was no, simply because if they did have it, the insurance coverage would go through the roof. I really want that 8 string honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchurch View Post
    Im all over this like a fat bitch grabbin the last slice of pizza.

Thanks

Carvins are great guitars. I have 2. Well 3 if you count the kit that I have yet to finish. The thin acoustic I have AC375, I ordered custom and it is a beautiful ax.

Thanks

Call me crazy but I have tokai, gibson , heritage, taylor and fender but my carvin ct4 is as good as any of them - just feels so good!

Thanks

I have the AC375. how do you keep it in tune?

Thanks

I love the contrast of the purple top and the natural wood on the back. thats awesome that you were able to play those. The thin acoustic I have AC375, I ordered custom and it is a beautiful ax.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog