warmoth guitars Southpaw Guitars Jerry's Lefty Guitars
XLG SouthpawGuitar2 Lefty Guitars Only
Ibanez Rules Lefty 6 String
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New lefty store in Boston

Thanks

Default New lefty store in Boston

Hi folks:

I'm pleased to announce that I'm opening a small shop dedicated to lefty guitarists here in the Boston area. The name of the shop is Lefty Guitars Only and features ... wait for it ... lefty guitars only.

Like everyone here, I've spent my life as a guitar player envying the righties who can walk into a shop anywhere and try out any number of fine guitars. Here in town, we have the Music Emporium, which has about 200 acoustics hanging on the wall from every maker you can imagine ... and last time I visited, had exactly one lefthanded guitar on the wall.

Visits I've made in the past couple of years to Jerry's shop in Florida and Southpaw in Houston were wonderful and priceless experiences for me, and I have bought guitars from both places. I wanted to try and give folks up here in the Northeast a similar opportunity to try out some different guitars, and look forward to making some new friends and playing some music with my fellow lefties.

http://leftyguitarsonly.com

I'm an authorized dealer for a few brands that are familiar to lefties, and a few that are perhaps not so familiar. My primary focus for now is on acoustics, although I have some electrics and hope to add more as time goes on.

My guitars have just started to arrive, so Christmas has come early around here. I just received three new Lowdens from Ireland, two gorgeous Huss and Daltons, with a third on the way, a pair of Stonebridges (better known in Europe as Furchs) and couple of interesting and reasonably priced Gold Tone bluegrass instruments. There are more on the way, including a pair of lefties from Schenk Guitars out in the Seattle area that are almost completed, and my first guitar from Carter-Poulsen, a California builder with longtime ties to Santa Cruz. I have a few Larrivees and Eastmans on order, as well. Scott Walker Guitars out in Santa Cruz is one of my custom electric builders. I'm also in discussions with a couple of other acoustic builders, and have agreements with two others not frequently found lefthanded once I get myself a bit more established.

I welcome any comments on the site. I'll be busy photographing guitars and have a bunch of electrics to add, and more acoustics on the way. I will be recording the acoustics with some high quality microphones in the coming days and will create a Youtube reference library so they can be compared.

I hope you'll stop by the site and see what's available.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vic@leftyguitarsonly.com For This Useful Post:

ThaBassment (12-10-2011)

Thanks

I'll be keeping an eye on your stuff. And welcome to the forum!

I've never heard of Schenk guitars, and I'm the Seattle area, so I had to go take a look. Very nice instruments!

I like the layout of your site, too! Looks great!

Thanks

I welcomed you at the "other" lefty forum also.

Open a shop in SW Missouri please
    aka rolling56

Thanks

PM'ed you vic

Thanks

Right on Vic!

I'll be in Boston for a few days starting Monday and if I can get away for a couple of hours I'll come pay the shop a visit.

Thanks

Congratulations! Good luck with the store! Being in Boston will be awesome for you!

Thanks

Thanks and congratulations.

Thanks

OK, just went to your site. Man those Lowden's are such beautiful guitars. Wow.

Thanks

Man, you should hear how the Lowdens sound ... unbelievable.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone ... looking forward to meeting some fellow lefties. Acoustics are rolling in, not too much in the way of electrics at the moment ... couple of Teles, couple of Grateful Dead wired guitars, and a Frankencaster with a cool Buscarino neck, but was I get established there will be more offerings. Should have some updates on the electric portion of the site in a couple days.

Thanks

Any chance you could talk PRS into making some of the SE models lefty? Have all the electrics I need but would like something less expensive to goof with.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

lefty store in boston

lefty store boston

lefty guitars boston

left hand store boston

left handed guitar store boston lefty guitar in Bostonleftys store bostonlefties store bostonis there a lefty store in bostonboston lefty storestores for leftyslefty stores in boston
SEO Blog